The Fitzsimons Redevelopment Authority operates a bioscience incubator program for early stage bioscience companies. The bioscience program includes facilities (plug & play labs/offices and build-to-suit spaces) and programmatic support for early stage bioscience companies.
The BioBusiness Incubator is housed in the 97,000 square foot Bioscience Park Center building located within the 184-acre Fitzsimons Innovation Campus in Aurora, Colorado and adjacent to the world class University of Colorado’s Anschutz Medical Campus.
Companies locating in the Bioscience Park Center are able to take advantage of frequent investor visits and opportunities to meet other early stage bioscience companies in the building’s many huddle zones and staff lounge. Through the FRA’s affiliation with CID4 (Colorado Institute for Drug, Device & Diagnostics Development), an organization located in the Bioscience Park Center, our companies have:
- Free access to secure non-dilutive funding via CID4’s relationship with Freemind; and
- Free access to expensive industry databases for market research.
There are programs and facilities designed to meet the needs of scientific companies in every phase of their growth, including:
- Virtual Client Program that allows companies that are not ready for physical space to be plugged into the programs, access the conference rooms to conduct meetings in a professional environment, and take advantage of the package and mail handling services that includes use of the research park mailing address. The fee for this program is $150 per month.
- Executive Office Suites Program offers fully furnished offices; available on a month-to-month rental basis. Rental rates for these offices vary based on size and location.
- Lab Space Program that offers pre-built labs ranging in size from one bench to five benches with fume hoods, use of scientific equipment at no additional cost, equipment walls (with back-up power) and attached furnished offices; available on one-year space agreements (which may be renewed based on the achievements of the company).
- Accelerator Program that provides custom build-to-suit space with access to incubator services and amenities available for three to five-year lease terms. Rental rates vary and include an improvements allowance.
Other shared services and amenities the FRA provides companies located in the Incubator facility include:
- Access to shared and exclusive use scientific equipment. The shared scientific equipment is located in our Common Equipment room and includes an autoclave, ice maker and DI water system, as well as a shared -80 freezer. There is additional scientific equipment available on loan to your company at no additional cost.
- Back-up power provided through building generator system.
- Building-wide shared services and amenities including phone system, high speed Internet connections, small and large conference rooms with A/V equipment & wireless connections, two kitchens, event space, administrative equipment (color laser copier, faxes, postage program), and a lab coat rental program.
- Administrative support: receptionist, mail/package handling, courier services, etc.
- Access to resources such as the University of Colorado’s core lab facilities located in the Research Complex and Cancer Center, a short walk across the street.
- Networking events that encourage interaction among client companies and include business development seminars, social and networking events.
- Access to discounts on scientific equipment and services through the FRA’s relationship with the Colorado BioScience Association.